Monday, December 05, 2005

Chili and Foil Wrapping Paper

Most of my day Friday was spent making chili for 30 people. Why you might ask? Because the high school boys were having a camp-out and Bob's secretary last year made the chili so he assumed I would too. I told him I would be up to the challenge then quickly called in Lee as backup. We went to the store and bought everything we needed including 6 lbs of ground beef! Then we went to the kitchen and made it. It smelled really good and I was proud of us for getting it right on the first try. That was until Lee accidentally poured in a cup of Cayenne pepper instead of chili powder. Talk about fire chili. It was so hot we had to throw it all out and start all over. At this point we were running out of time. Lee talked to the chef at HEB and he told him a much easier, better recipe. He bought those ingredients and we began round 2. This time it turned out perfect. So that was an adventure.

After spending so good quality time with my friends this weekend, I decided Sunday would be devoted to wrapping Christmas gifts and working around the house. I got all my presents in the living room and got out all my wrapping paper. I got two rolls of paper from Hobby Lobby. One of them was green with red/light green/white polka-dots all over it. It is what they call foil paper. I figured this would mean that it was sturdier than normal paper. No no my friends, it is total crap! It is like trying to wrap a gift with a plastic bag. It does not crease, it does not stay put and it tears incredibly easy. I struggled through wrapping 2 presents with it and finally gave up and used the normal roll. After all my hard work and 2 hours later I only had 3 presents wrapped! Then, last night I was pushing them under the tree. I saw what I thought was a scrap piece of paper on the floor I picked it up and the entire middle of one of my presents came unwrapped. It was insanity! So all this to say whatever you do this year, make sure you don't buy foil wrapping paper! I guess I will be wrapping more presents tonight!

Woo-hoo: Cookie exchange party with my discipleship girls tonight!
Boo: I have to work Wednesday night and will miss the first episode of Project Runway!

No comments: