Thursday, December 01, 2005

Going home

Last night I went to my parent's house to write Christmas cards while my mom decorated for Christmas. We turned on the TV to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. (The old school clay-mation version) As I sat there and watched my mom decorate I felt like I was a child again. My parents still live in the same house they brought me home from the hospital to. Even though the paint colors have changed it is still the same house and I love it. They will live there forever; my kids will play in that house. At Christmas my mom still decorates with things that are 20+ years old. She still uses the artwork Kyle and I made when we were in elementary school. As I sat there watching her struggle over what decoration to put where I was reminded of all the other times in my life I've watched her do the very same thing. It is just warm and comforting to know that some things will never change. That house is one of the few places in the world where I can still feel like a kid. There are no rigorous demands or worldly pressures. Just a lot of happy memories and good times. I love my family and I love being with them over the holidays. Anyway, I have been thinking about this a lot today so I decided to share it. :-)

Woo-Hoo: Tomorrow is FINALLY Friday.
Boo: To the fact that I wrote this whole post (much better I might add) about 20 minutes ago and it all got erased.

1 comment:

Kasey Joy said...

when you get a chance, add Emily on your blog friends list...