A few days before Brighton turned 2 we headed to the mall to say goodbye to her pacifier. All three of my kids have been strong paci lovers so I knew this would be hard. She took one of her pacifiers to Build-A-Bear and picked out a cute puppy to put it in. She put the pacifier inside and picked out some pajamas for her puppy. She did great the whole time we were there and on the way home. Going to bed was a different story. She screamed for her paci for a good long while before finally falling asleep, naps were the same. It probably took her about 3 days before she realized we weren't giving it back. Riding in the car might have been the worst of it! Even the boys were asking if we could give it back to her! Ha! Eventually she stopped asking and settled into a new routine. I still cannot believe there will never be another pacifier in this house again. Watching them grow is so great but so sad at the same time. My little baby girl is getting so big.
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Okay so she's getting closer to 2.5 but here are some things my girl is up to at 2 years old.
- Height: 32.25 inches (8%)
- Weight: 23.5lbs (6%)
- She's a tiny things and people comment all the time on her size and her dimples!
- She's into everything. Wherever there is something going on, she needs to be right in the middle of it.
- She talks a lot but we have a hard time understanding a lot of it. She's talking in small sentences.
- She is a great sleeper, still taking one long nap in the afternoons.
- She loves Mother's Day Out and looks forward to playing with her friends.
- She's obsessed with Frozen and sings "Let it Go" at the top of her lungs.
- She LOVES babies both real and fake. She will spend 30 minutes feeding, patting and putting her baby dolls to sleep. In fact, 'baby' is one of the clearest words she says!
- She loves to be outside and especially swinging.
- She has NO fear and will jump off of, climb up and run full speed at anything she can.
- Her hair has gotten so long and it's fun to do pigtails and some braids in now. She is not a huge fan of me pulling on her hair!
- She wants to be around Hayes and Price all the time and the very first thing she says when she wakes up in the morning is "Where Hayes go?"
- She eats like a bird. She will try a lot of different foods, but doesn't eat a large amount of anything...except candy.
- She loves dogs and points them out everywhere we go.
- She still doesn't like the car and cries or whines when we go places...which is often since she's the 3rd kid!
- She is quite demanding and lets you know when something is not to her liking. She has even started throwing herself on the floor when she's unhappy.
- Thankfully, for the most part, she is still a very happy, very bubbly little girl. I just cannot believe how much she has grown this past year. My sweet, sweet baby girl.
Friday, May 09, 2014
Price as Waldo for Story book Character day at school!
Somehow at the end of February, my Pricer turned 6 and a half. Sigh. There doesn't seem to be much I can do to make him stop growing and learning. He's turning into such a big kid and saying and doing more grown up things. I love watching him learn but it's killing me that he's not tiny anymore. Here are some things this smart, funny and quirky kid is up to at 6.5:
- Weight: 39 lbs...according to our bathroom scale.
- Reading. He reads or tries to read everything. His teacher sends home new little reader books weekly and he usually reads them without any problem. Last week he was promoted to AR level books.
- Loose tooth. He said it was loose for a while but we couldn't actually feel it until a couple of weeks ago. In a few more weeks his smile will be forever changed.
- Sassy pants. He has an attitude. It seems worse when he is tired but he sure talks back when he is not happy.
- Math. He loves math and can do addition and subtraction with little help.
- He seems to be flourishing in kindergarten. He has really blossomed and loves to go to school. Lee and I took him out for lunch during school hours the other day and he was chomping at the bit to get back to his friends.
- He has learned how to whistle.
- Writing. He loves to make up and right down stories and lists of all kinds. He does pretty good on the spelling most of the time but likes to ask me for help too.
- Hayes is still his best friend though he might not admit it. He loves him so much.
I love this boy so much. It's amazing how much he has learned in the last 6 months. I can't wait to watch him from now until 7!
Wednesday, May 07, 2014
Unfortunately it seems I mainly took iphone photos for most of the months of January and February. So here the iphone dump! I'm hoping my next post will be an actual post!
Price is doing so good with his reading. Brighton wanted him to read to her before bed one night.
One of my very best friends in the world became a Mommy in January. I am SO in love with little Deason.
Of course Price was an inventor on Career day at school.
We took the kids to the lake for a picnic and some hiking one sunday afternoon.
My sweet Mama, taking care of her sweet Mama.
Not kidding when I say it took us almost 2 months to do this 10,000 piece Lego set. We had so much fun though and Price did most of it on his own.
The museum has a super fun exhibit for kids and we have spent a lot of time there.
We spent Valentines afternoon at the Museum as well. Precious Brighton all dressed up.
I became a little infatuated with Matilda Jane clothing for my girl. It is so. cute.
Just a little light reading before church.
More selfies. Price was grumpy so he wouldn't participate.
Hayes had a concert at his school. He is usually pretty nervous in front of a lot of people but he did great. He sang and did the movements. And of course we had a giant cotton candy.
A boy and his dog.
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Sunday, April 20, 2014
In January, I got the chance to do something I have wanted to do for a very long time. My mom has always wanted to visit Disney World. She is a HUGE Disney fan and loves everything about it and Walt. So when Lee said he wanted to run the Disney World Marathon, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take her. We decided to leave the kids since they had just been last year and I wanted my mom to get to do what she wanted instead of having to care for the kids the whole time. So we left on a Wednesday and came home on a Monday. It was a really fun trip and I LOVED being able to show my mom all thing Disney. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and it was amazing. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the lobby! We took along one of Price's Pooh Bears with us and took pictures of him doing all kinds of fun things. Then we would send them back to the kids. I plan to make a book for Price of all of Pooh's adventures. We truly did Disney. We were at the parks from open to close most nights. At the end of it we were all exhausted. Not to mention Lee ran 26.2 miles the day before we left. So proud of him!! He said it was the most fun race he has ever run, there were bands and characters every mile and at one point you could even stop and ride a roller coaster if you wanted to. Anyway, here are some of the pictures from our wonderful trip!
The view from our room.
My marathoner after the race!
Can you find Pooh?
Saturday, April 19, 2014
I forgot to load all these pictures from my phone from December. It seems most things are captured on there these days since the big camera is too much to take with us all the time. Anyway, here is December from the iphone.
Price was home sick one day so he taught the littles their alphabet on the computer.
Molly and I did Painting with a Twist with our bootcamp friends. It was a lot of fun!
I made the boys some Christmas shirts.
The three men of the house.
Sweet Sister had a terrible intestinal infection. She had a very high fever and lots of nasty diapers that lasted almost a week. Thankful for antibiotics.
Waco put on the most fun winter wonderland downtown. We went almost every day of the week and had our faces painted, played on inflatables, wrote letters to Santa, saw Santa and went ice skating.
Price asked Memaw for a "fancy suit" for Christmas. She delivered in a big way. So handsome.
Sister sat in the car with me while the boys ice skated. A cold front blew in that day and it was FREEZING!
Lee was a trooper and helped the boys skate.
Price held onto the wall and went around the whole rink.
Watching some tv on the floor in our bedroom.
Our Santa pic for 2013! Hayes was probably the most unsure but at least he is sort of smiling.
Lee, Molly, Michelle and me went to the Baylor vs. UT game. I have never been so cold in my whole life. We ended up leaving with ice all over our shoes and very achy fingers and toes.
Poor Hayes had many cavities when we went to the dentist for a check-up. It ended with 2 different trips to have them filled and having to be put under both times. He now has 4 silver caps that he calls his pirate teeth. (Mama is just glad they are baby teeth and wont last forever.)
A little shaving cream surprise after church one night. They LOVED it!
Hayes' letter to Santa from school!
We spent a lot of weekends at the Boyd's farm The kids love it there.
And finally, we went to Kirbyville at the very end of December to celebrate Christmas with Becky's family. It was so great seeing everyone. Trying to get Brighton to sleep in a hotel room with everyone else near her was not so much fun. Longest night ever!