Price as Waldo for Story book Character day at school!
Somehow at the end of February, my Pricer turned 6 and a half. Sigh. There doesn't seem to be much I can do to make him stop growing and learning. He's turning into such a big kid and saying and doing more grown up things. I love watching him learn but it's killing me that he's not tiny anymore. Here are some things this smart, funny and quirky kid is up to at 6.5:
- Weight: 39 lbs...according to our bathroom scale.
- Reading. He reads or tries to read everything. His teacher sends home new little reader books weekly and he usually reads them without any problem. Last week he was promoted to AR level books.
- Loose tooth. He said it was loose for a while but we couldn't actually feel it until a couple of weeks ago. In a few more weeks his smile will be forever changed.
- Sassy pants. He has an attitude. It seems worse when he is tired but he sure talks back when he is not happy.
- Math. He loves math and can do addition and subtraction with little help.
- He seems to be flourishing in kindergarten. He has really blossomed and loves to go to school. Lee and I took him out for lunch during school hours the other day and he was chomping at the bit to get back to his friends.
- He has learned how to whistle.
- Writing. He loves to make up and right down stories and lists of all kinds. He does pretty good on the spelling most of the time but likes to ask me for help too.
- Hayes is still his best friend though he might not admit it. He loves him so much.
I love this boy so much. It's amazing how much he has learned in the last 6 months. I can't wait to watch him from now until 7!