Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

Sorry for the lack of posting. I haven't been home much lately so this is the first time I have been able to sit down and type in a while. I had another baby shower on June 9th and I got all kinds of nice stuff. It was a lot of fun, mostly my family and my moms friends. I can't thank everyone enough for all of the fun baby things we got!
The next day Lee and I left for Las Vegas. We decided we wanted to take one last trip before the baby was born. I'm not really sure how we decided on Vegas. We had a really good time. We were there Sunday through Thursday. We did a TON of walking and it was really hot. When I say really hot, I mean it was 109 degrees the day we left! So it was skin burning hot! We spent our afternoons just sitting in the pool. It was really nice because I feel weightless...it doesnt feel like I'm carrying around a baby at all. So it was a nice break. We saw Cirque Du Soleil LOVE. It is all set to Beatles music. We enjoyed it but probably wouldn't see it again. We also got to see Celine Dion in concert. I know some people don't like her but I have always liked her music. She was amazing in concert. Her stage is a sight in and of itself. Then there were all of the dancers and her voice. We had a really good time. I think the baby must have enjoyed it too because he moved around a lot. Lee says as long as Price doesn't like it too much it's okay! Other than that we did a lot of walking to the different hotels and seeing all the sites. It was really nice to take one final vacation. We came home late Thursday night.
Then on Friday morning we headed out to Lee's cousins wedding in Beaumont. Beaumont is normally a very long drive but 6 1/2 months pregnant it is incredibly long. It ended up taking us around 4 1/2 hours to get there. We went to the rehearsal dinner, the wedding, then came home really early on Sunday morning. When we finally came home I was wiped out. I have been trying to rest and take it easy since then. Now that we are done with all of our trips, it is time to just sit and wait for baby. I can't believe it's only 2 months away. Crazy!

No comments: