Friday, December 30, 2005

New Year's Resolutions

Sitting here at my desk doing nothing got me thinking about New Year's Resolutions. Usually I don't make one because I cannot think of anything to do. Then, sometime between February and march I'll think of something and do it for a few weeks. This year I'm going to try to start on time. The problem is what should I do? There is always the "I'm going to work out more" but let's be honest, who really sticks past about mid-February? No, I think this year I'm just going to be generic. I'm going to try to help more people. I want to try to make a difference in every day little things. For starters, I should have a more positive attitude about work (like that's going to happen). I think I'm just going to try to be nicer to people and look for ways to make other people's lives easier. I'm also going to try to do more reading. I love to read and didn't quite find the time for it in 2005 that I would have liked to. So there you have it. Those are my two main goals for 2006. Looking back on 2005 it was a pretty good year. I graduated college, got married, got my first "real" job, got a puppy, three big vacations, and learned a little bit more about enjoying life and being who you are. It was a good year and I'm sorry to see it go but here's to 2006 and the blessings it will hold. Happy New Year everyone!

Woo-hoo: Lots of good friends in town for New Year's eve
Boo: To people who are greedy and only see dollar signs.

No comments: